Indulge this Pancake Day with this classic buttermilk pancake recipe courtesy of GreenPan. This quick and simple recipe will guide you through how to make a small but perfectly formed stack of American style pancakes in their New Mini Pancake Pan. Top them off with delicious toasted pecans and Maple syrup. Yum!
You Will Need:
- 1 GreenPan Mini Pancake Pan
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups / 250 g / 8.8 oz. all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups / 500 ml buttermilk
- Maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter melted or canola oil
- 2/3 cup / 100 g / 3.5 oz. toasted pecans
1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a small, deep bowl beat the egg whites until peaks form.
3. In another bowl, beat or whisk together the egg yolks, buttermilk and butter.
4. Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
5. Fold in the egg whites.
6. Heat the mini-frypan over medium heat and grease lightly.
7. Spoon about 60ml batter in the pan.
8. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface, about 2 minutes.
9. Turn over and cook until golden brown, about 1 minute.
10. Serve immediately or transfer pancakes to a baking sheet and keep warm in a 90°C / 194°F oven.
11. Top with maple syrup and some toasted pecans.