2. Your I.O. Shen Mastergrade knife has been protectively coated to avoid any possible corrosion during shipment. This coating is non toxic, however, you may notice some discolouration on the blade until the coating is removed. The coating wears off over time by normal hand washing of your knife, however, if you are concerned with discolouration, remove coating by gentle hand washing using Jif Cream and a Scotch-Brite Scourer.
3. Never clean your knife in a dish washer. Always rinse and clean your knife by hand and dry with a soft cloth. To avoid injuries, never leave your knife in the washing water and always dry your knife from the back of the blade.
4. Acidic foodstuffs like lemon juice should be washed off directly after use.
5. Hardwood or synthetic cutting boards are recommended. Glass and granite cutting boards should not be used as they will blunt and ruin the cutting edge of your knife.
6. Your I.O.Shen Mastergrade Triplex Steel knife has used the very latest technology to construct a blade that is not only amazingly sharp but will also retain its edge for an exceptional amount of time. However, it is important that you never use your knife to cut through bone as it will chip and damage the blade. Do not use the tip of your knife to lever objects.
7. To avoid damage to the cutting edge never store your knife with other metallic objects.
1. Prior to first use rinse under hot water.