No cook or kitchen should be without a really good cook's knife and Wusthof make some of the very best. Think of this kind of knife as a manual food processor capable of all types of cutting, chopping, slicing and dicing. The depth of the knife and its thick strong back give it the power and strength to cut through the toughest root vegetables with ease. The curved shape of the blade lets you rock the knife down and through tough ingredients to make cutting chopping and slicing a straightforward matter. The knife tapers to a slender point which is delicate and precise enough to perform the finest slicing and dicing. Your cook's knife will perform 98% of the tasks in the kitchen with absolute ease and the other 2% at a pinch. Choose the most appropriate size for your hands and the kind food preparation that you do. We suggest that you go for the longest blade that you are comfortable with, remember this is the knife that you will use to do things like cutting whole cabbages in half.
Many professional chefs would choose a 20cm cooks knife beyond all other knives. it's exactly the right size to cope with all types of vegetable preparation including cutting large root veg, pumpkins, watermelons and cabbages.As cooks knives get longer, the blade gets deeper too this provides more power to cut tough ingredients. The 20cm wide cooks knife has a deeper blade than the standard cooks knife. This makes the knife heavier and more powerful, it also gives greater clearance for your knuckles between the handle and the cutting board. Despite the extra depth the knife isn't unwieldy. You will be able to perform delicate slicing and dicing using the tip of the knife with ease. This knife is very popular with professional chefs who need one strong versatile knife that will do everything.
The Wüsthof Classic series are traditional triple riveted, fully forged professional cook's knives. Their shape and balance have evolved over decades as the standard for professional chefs all over the world. The Wüsthof Classic series is the most comprehensive range of knives that Wusthof make consisting of over 70 different blades to suit every purpose.
Few companies have more tradition and experience to draw on than Wusthof. They've been making professional cooks knives in Solingen, Germany since 1814. Knowledge and skill has been passed down through generations of craftsmen as well as ten generations of the Wusthof family.
Wusthof set the benchmark for professional cook's knives in Europe. Their attention to detail shows through in the handling, cutting performance and workmanship of each knife. A Wusthof knife is an investment in quality for life.
Whatever your requirements there is a top notch, professional Wusthof knife specially designed and manufactured for the purpose. Their range extends to several hundred different knives!
Arguably the most important tool in any professional or home kitchen, Chef’s Knives can accomplish almost any cutting task from slicing a pumpkin to dicing a shallot with ease. Chef’s Knives range in size from tiny 12cm models to huge 36cm blades. Choose Chef’s Knives with the longest blade that you are comfortable with for the most versatility.
Full information on our delivery options can be found here – www.steamer.co.uk/delivery
Look out for the click & collect button on our product pages to check if your item is available for this service. Click here for a list of our current stores - www.steamer.co.uk/locations
Please click here for further information - www.steamer.co.uk/returns